SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit: www.sabis.net.
The Student Life Coordinator (SLC) is responsible and accountable for establishing and maintaining a Student Life Organization (SLO). The Student Life Coordinator empowers, motivates, and challenges students to contribute to cultivating and elevating the school environment including raising academic standards. The Student Life Coordinator inspires students to join the Student Life Organization and contributes actively to the balanced and comprehensive development of students into responsible, world class citizens. The Student Life Coordinator works closely with the school’s administration team, staff, prefects, and the SABIS® Student Management Consultant to ensure the success of the Student Life Organization. The Student Life Coordinator ensures the schools and SABIS®’ image, brand, philosophy, systems, policies, and procedures are properly implemented and observed.
Student Life Organization
- Effectively oversees the Student Life Organization and performs tasks related to the planning, organizing, and supervising the delivery of co-curricular and extra-curricular programs for students.
- Effectively recruits, builds and maintains the Student Life Organization team.
- Ensures successful coordination and cooperation within and among the departments of the Student Life Organization.
- Works with student leaders, staff and faculty to plan, organize, promote, supervise and evaluate Student Life programs, events, and activities to meet the needs of students at the school.
- Provides support and guidance in the expenditure of student life organization funds.
- Inspires students to join the Student Life Organization, to be active within the school community, and to continuously improve themselves, the system, and the school environment.
- Contributes actively to the balanced and comprehensive development of the students into responsible, world-class citizens.
- May provide guidance and support to students regarding academic progress and achieving personal goals.
- Provides training and experiences to student prefects which will help develop leadership skills and abilities in students.
- Designs and implements various workshops and seminars on leadership development and team building.
- Effectively teaching prefects to develop academic, managerial and operational skills.
- Teaches, advises and supports prefects the skills to act responsibility, confidently and communicate effectively Ensures the upper level prefects are in a position to teach, advise, support and motivate the prefects under their guidance.
- Ensures prefects have the required tools to succeed in their tasks.
- Guides and motivates prefects to aid in the need of the school’s administration.
- Coordinates closely with the Academic Quality Controller(s) (AQCs) and Heads of Department (HODs) to ensure the Student Life Organization contributes effectively to the academic success of the school.
- Guides and motivates prefects to help meet the academic needs of the school.
- Ensures the Student Life Organization empowers and motivates students to contribute to raising academic standards.
- Ensure the appropriate staff member(s) is/are scheduled to conduct advisory classes on specific dates required.
- Coordinates closely with the Student Management Coordinator (SMC) in the effectiveness of the Student Life Organization’s contributions in the highest level of discipline at the school.
Internal & External Relationships
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships internally with the school’s administration team, in particular with the School Director, the Academic Quality Controller(s), the Student Management Coordinator, teachers, and externally with community resources, vendors, and not-for-profit agencies in the course of Student Life activities.
- Works closely with the SABIS® Student Life Consultant.
Internal Reporting & Compliance
- Reports regularly to the School Director and the SABIS® Student Life Consultant pertaining to the school’s student life performance, challenges, and achievements.
- Recommends action as needed.
- Ensures the Student Life Organization is running according to the principles and guidelines set by SABIS®Requests support as needed.
- Meets expectations of regular, reliable attendance.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the SABIS® network of schools
- Experience working in a school environment
- Knowledge of methods to conduct programming, organizing, and implementation of student activities and events
- Leadership/supervisory skills including employee training and performance evaluation
- Ability to navigate sensitive or complex issues
- Experience in conflict resolution and consensus building
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of students, staff, and members of the community
- Ability to produce results independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to exercise good decision-making skills
- Good command of the English language, oral and written
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Organizational and self-management skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Dependability and readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
SABIS® is an equal opportunity employer.
SABIS® uses the criteria of merit, qualifications, and abilities to determine hiring decisions and promotions within the organization. SABIS® does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, order of protection, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, public assistance, family status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information or other segmenting factor protected by law, or local human rights commission activity.