A Positive and Supportive School Environment
At Collegiate, we are dedicated to the health and wellbeing of every student, which is why we offer very high levels of personal care and attention. Our teachers and staff are devoted professionals who take an interest in each student´s strengths, weaknesses, and needs with the goal of helping the student optimally participate and benefit from our rich and engaging learning environment.
As part of this commitment to our students’ wellbeing, we provide an array of services that aim to support the academic and emotional development of our students, as well as support their physical wellbeing.
Learning support is an essential part of the SABIS® Educational System implemented at Collegiate.
Every student’s progress is monitored, and when learning gaps form, students, working together with their teachers and school administrators, can all focus their efforts on filling the gaps through additional support channels at the school.
The support is offered through:
- Teacher-led Study Groups: Study groups led by a teacher that meet to review important concepts taught in class.
- Assigning Prefects & Group Leaders: Teachers may assign students important roles in the classroom that require them to be more responsible, attentive, and confident.
Support is also offered through the Academic Department of the SABIS Student Life Organization® (SLO®) at Collegiate, which provides:
- Peer Tutoring: student-to-student tutoring sessions
- Power Study Sessions: specialized groups that meet up to study for upcoming assessments together
- Academic Competitions: academic focused games that can make learning engaging and fun
- On-Demand Tutoring Videos: a set of teaching videos, narrated by students and vetted by SABIS®, explaining a variety of academic concepts