High School is an important time in a student's life. During this time, they are making lifelong friendships, discovering their talents, learning more advanced material, and preparing themselves for the next chapter of their lives.
Grade 9 is the beginning of a four-year High School Program that focuses on success in college and in life. Abstract reasoning and critical thinking skills are emphasized in all disciplines. Our classes include a broad base of traditional academic subjects and reflect the knowledge that universities require.
High School Graduation Requirements
A total of twenty-seven (27) credits are required for graduation. All students will be required to apply to college as a requirement for graduation. A passing grade of 60% is required to get credit for any class that is graded numerically. A passing grade of FAIR is required to get credit for any class that is graded using comments.
- English: Required for all four (4) years
- Math: Required for four (4) years
- Science: Required for three (3) years – Minimum one (1) life science and one (1) physical science
- World Language: Required for four (4) years
- History: Required for three (3) years – At least two (2) years of U.S. History must be completed
- Fine Arts: Required for two (2) terms – Sample courses include but are not limited
- Creative Writing
- Physical Education: Required for all four (4) years, one (1) term per year
- Health: Required for one (1) term
- Computer Programming: Required for one (1) year
- Humanities: Non-required elective courses